Please note this as important information regarding what students need to do before and after they arrive in England, including staying at home and ordering coronavirus (COVID-19) tests.
From 15 February, Monday onwards, everyone allowed to enter England from outside the Common Travel Area must:
1. quarantine for 10 days
2. take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on day 2 and day 8 of quarantining
3. follow the national lockdown rules
What students must do before they travel
1. take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test and get a negative result during the 3 days before they travel. For example, if they travel directly to England on Friday, they must take the test on the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
2. book and pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID-19 tests to be taken on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of their quarantine. Use the booking portal to book their travel test package (this is administered by CTM)
3. complete a passenger locator form with details of where they will home quarantine when they arrive and the travel test package booking reference number
Providing false or deliberately misleading information when filling out the passenger locator form is an offence punishable by imprisonment. They could be fined up to £10,000, imprisoned for up to 10 years or both if they do not provide accurate details about the countries they have visited in the 10 days before they have arrived in the UK.
Please advise students to book their travel test package kits as soon as possible if travelling on or after the 15.02.2021.
For more details on booking and travel rules you can visit – How to quarantine when you arrive in England – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)