Some of the highlights of the University of Hertfordshire are:
1) Ranked in the top 200 in the world, under 50 years according to the times higher education world ranking
2) We are rated GOLD in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in the UK
3) fantastic Location -Just 20-25 mins from central London
4) Very safe campus spread in over 200 hectares of a fully secure and safe campus
5) 26000 student population with 4000 international students
6) USP of Engineering programs – PG and UG Programs are fully accredited, and students can gain membership to CEng and IEng post-course completion. We provide excellent state of the art infrastructure and laboratories, which are better than most of India’s top engineering schools to support our students’ learning.
- Aerospace – One of the most established and experienced Aerospace schools in the UK. We have been teaching aerospace since 1952- Comet was the world’s first commercial jet airliner. It was developed and manufactured by de Havilland at its Hatfield Aerodrome in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom.
- Mechanical – We have over 50 years of teaching experience in Mechanical Engineering. Employment prospects: Our graduates work as testing engineers within R&D, design, and manufacturing departments for major engineering organisations including Airbus, McLaren, and Rolls Royce.
- Automotive– Automotive Engineering is far better than most competitor Universities in the UK. Our student formula1 racing team is always in the top 3 in the UK and top 10 in the world. Formula1 is not just a sport, but it represents engineering excellence. We are the only university in the UK to have a formula one simulator. Recent Automotive Engineering graduates have gone on to work at organisations including: Bentley Motors, Rolls Royce Cars, Triumph Motorcycles, JCB, Nissan, Ford Motor Company, Nissan Technical Centre Europe, Jaguar Land Rover and McLaren Automotive.
- Computer Science – Our Computer Science department is one of the oldest computer science department in the UK. PG Computer Science programmes come with an optional one-year work placement or advance research option. Duration of the program is 2 years. Fees for this course is approx. £15000.
Other courses which can be more popular post Covid in the engineering sector :
- Electronics – MSc Electronics – explore innovative technologies including 5G and IoT and develop industry-required skills to use Microprocessor, DSP and FPGA technology. Our graduates work as Electronics Engineers and Systems Engineers for organisations including MBDA, Centrica, ABB, and Leonardo
- Logistic and Supply Chain– MSc Supply chain management – This course meets the Engineering Council’s standards in the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UKSPEC). Strong connections with Samsung, BAE, and Leonardo support course projects, industry talks, and work placement opportunities.
- Manufacturing and Operation management – MSc manufacturing Management -This course is recognised by the Institute of Manufacturing (IManf). Our graduates work as Manufacturing Engineers/Managers, Production Managers, and QA Engineers with organisations including Airbus, Bocsh, MBDA, and PepsiCo.
- We also offer near stem Engineering courses at PG level for 16 months in sep Intake and far stem Engineering courses at PG level for 2 years in Jan intake with no extra tuition fees.
7) UG programs at Herts– Almost all UG programs ( over 400 programs) have a placement year/study abroad option. Value for Money in comparison to other UK universities.
8) Hertfordshire Business School has been offering business degrees since 1965 and has established an excellent reputation in the field.
Most Popular courses –
MSc International Business with optional placement year or advance research – 2 years duration
MSc Finance and Investment Banking with an optional placement year or advance research – 2 Years duration.
MSc International Tourism Hospitality and Events Management with optional placement year or advance research- 2 years duration
MBA – Fresh graduates may also apply. MBA is available with 11 variations.
MSc Business Analysis and consultancy
9) Courses offered by other schools with Placement and advance research option:
- MA Journalism and Media Communications with Placement Year
- MA International Relations with Placement Year
- MSc Drug Discovery and Toxicology with Advanced Research
- MSc Molecular Biotechnology with Advanced Research
- MSc Medical Microbiology with Advanced Research
- MSc Cancer Immunotherapy with Advanced Research
10) Other most popular courses available at both UG and PG level:
- Nursing – PG and UG
- Psychology – PG and UG
- Creative art- PG and UG. Excellent and top school in the world for film making, animation, games, interior, fashion and product design.
- Law- our law degrees are recognised by bar council India. LLM also comes with the option of a few weeks of Placement as a part of the course.
12) Employability: High Employment rate of 93%.
The average starting salary of our recent graduates is GBP 25000 PA. This is far better than most UK universities. We are also setting up a career office in India to help all our returning students find jobs and placements in India.
13) Scholarships and discounts available:
a) GBP 1000 early bird payment deposit
b) Merit scholarships starting from GBP 500 to GBP 4000 – on first come and first serve basis to deserving students
c) GBP 500 full tuition payment discount on the payment of full tuition fees before or at the time of registration.
14) IELTS waiver available – For UG, we need 65% in class 12th English + telephonic /Skype interview, and for PG, we need 70% + telephonic/ Skype interview
For Applications documents needed:
12th English score | IELTS
Feel free to get in touch with us for any queries and applications.