This is an update with regards to English language proficiency condition to be fulfilled at the University of Dundee. Although the situation in India seems to be getting better, we have received feedback from our partners in India, that students are still finding it difficult to sit or take IELTS or TOEFL to fulfill their conditions. We have considered this request and are pleased to let you know that we will now be able to give waivers based on Class 12 English grades provided supporting documents are submitted as required.
Please do see below the criteria that students need to meet to avail the same and the process to apply.
- We will be able to accept CBSE/ISCE Standard XII English at scores of 70%/80% and above depending on the course
- We will be able to accept Standard XII English from Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Assam, Goa & Tamil Nadu at 70%/80% or above depending on the course when submitted alongside an MOI in English from a bachelor’s degree completed in previous 2 years
- We will be able to accept Standard XII from Kerala, Andhra, Rajasthan & Telangana at 80%/90% or above depending on the course when submitted alongside an MOI in English from a Bachelor’s degree completed in previous 2 years. We may also schedule a casual call with the student to understand more about the documents submitted (this is not a formal credibility interview practice)
Process to apply:
- If students want a waiver based on CBSE grades and if they do meet the above criteria, upload the marksheet directly onto the Evision portal under English Language for consideration.
- If it is through State board grades, please send both – State board marksheet as well as MOI as mentioned above to along with student details.
- Once these documents are assessed and checked, we will then notify the admissions team to waive of the English language requirement.
We hope this will provide the flexibility needed to ensure good conversion and numbers for September 2021 intake. We have not confirmed this flexibility for January 2022 and our preference still remains for applicants to undertake a SELT included on our website if it is possible to do so
Pre-Sessional English requirements. Due to coronavirus, our Summer Pre-Sessional English courses will only be available online. As a result of current test centre closures, we will accept a wider range of English language proficiency tests for entry to our online Pre-Sessional courses in 2021.
For any specific questions from applicants regarding these requirements, please do feel free to get in touch with us directly.