Trust you are well.
We are pleased to announce that UEA will refund the cost of any UK government related quarantine to new students arriving in September 2021 to commence the first semester of their course. The value of this refund will be up to the amount of £1,750. The refund will be applied to your UEA invoice which will be issued no later than 30 days after you have fully enrolled. You should also be able to provide receipt of quarantine booking in your name and complete our refund form (available shortly).
Once the hotel quarantine period is complete students may be able to use UEA’s airport collection service to travel to campus, please see details below.
Terms and Conditions
- The refund will only be open to new students commencing their studies at UEA in September 2021, not their relatives or dependants.
- The refund will only be granted to students funding their studies themselves. Fully sponsored students and students in receipt of full scholarships will not be eligible for the refund where their sponsor has already agreed to cover quarantine costs.
- The refund will only be open to UEA students arriving to the UK for the first semester of their course in September or October 2021.
- In order to qualify for a refund, eligible students should fill out our refund form (to be online shortly) no later 31 October 2021
- Qualifying students should provide receipt of quarantine booking and flight in their own name
- The refund will only be applied once you have arrived and enrolled at UEA. As such, it will not reflect on your CAS statement and cannot be used as evidence of funds during your visa application
- Students originating in a ‘Amber List’ country and transferring through a ‘Red List’ country will still have to quarantine but will not be eligible for this refund.
We have updated our New Student FAQ. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any queries.