Ultimate Secret to Score 7+ Band in IELTS Exam
The IELTS preparation tips for scoring 7+ Band are the ultimate secret for most students who will take this exam. A score of 7 Band or more on the IELTS test is proof that your English is sufficient to join any course in an international University, even at the Ivy League institution. It would also ensure you have the desired score to successfully migrate to a foreign country of your choice.
The best way for IELTS preparation at home is to conduct as many practice exams as possible and score to check yourself to get a minimum of 7 to 8 band in each module of IELTS. This will help you gather valuable experience in the various question types that you might get in the exam. It will also boost your confidence and knowledge in the IELTS test. Now, read the below section to know how to score well in each of the four modules of IELTS.
Learn How To Get more than 7 IELTS Band Scores
Below are the tips to score 7 bands in all the 4 IELTS test modules. Follow the tips & instructions and prepare accordingly.
A. Tips for Listening Score of 7 Band on IELTS
You need to get a score from the 30 correct answers out of 40 to get 7 scores and 32 out of 40 marks to achieve a band of 7.5. Find the tips below:
- Predict the responses correctly before listening. This will help you in collecting the information needed and will help in targeted listening.
- Also, try to identify the parallel connection between the question and what the speaker is saying.
- Always check if your answers are grammatically correct or not.
- Practice while employing the different abilities of reading, speaking, listening, and writing all at the same time, along with improving your spelling skills.
B. Tips for Reading Score of 7 IELTS Band score
Here, a good score from the 30 correct answers out of 40 is required to get 7 scores and 33 out of 40 to achieve a band of 7.5.
- Find out the fundamental idea of every passage and overlook the supporting details. Highlight the keywords by identifying the names, people, and dates.
- Identify correctly the paraphrase IELTS reading materials between what the question asks and what the passage says. Do not take over 60 seconds for each question.
- If you do not know the answer, then skip that one and come back later.
- Expanding your vocabulary list is a great way to start the IELTS practice test reading.
C. Tips for Writing Score of 7 Band on IELTS
- Task one, in the writing section, should be at least 150 words for 20 minutes.
- Task two is for a minimum of 250 words, and 40 minutes is the total time to complete it.
- Assignment two is more significant in the case of adding more numbers to the average writing score of 7.
- Always plan a paragraph carefully before writing as task one, should contain one data aspect, and task 2 should include one central concept.
- Do not repeat exact words over two times.
- Paraphrase the vocabulary as much as you can in the writing module of IELTS.
- In the first task, do not explain the data reasons too much.
- In the second task, you can jot down the ideas of other people as well.
- You should improve your grammar on a regular basis, as writing involves many more mistakes than speaking.
D. Tips for Speaking Score of 7 IELTS Band score
- This segment consists of an interview, a discussion, and an individual long turn.
- Always memorize answers to some frequently asked questions.
- Always use a substitution or rephrasing a reply after a question.
- Avoid long silence and continue talking at least for two minutes in the long turn.
- Mainly the interview and the discussion section will contribute more to the IELTS Band score of 7 for the speaking module.
- In the discussion section, try to compare various opinions and ideas.
Wrapping it Up
In the end, we would suggest that whatever IELTS band score you are targeting, just do not panic in the hall and always carefully read each instruction. The best tips on preparing for IELTS at home from our side will be to continuously take practice tests, write your mistakes, monitor your self-practice IELTS Band score and try to improve on them.
How Study Smart Will Help You To Score 7+ Bands in IELTS Exam:
Study Smart is a premier institute for IELTS Training and Coaching. We are having two modes of training – Online IELTS Training and Classroom IELTS Training. You can attend the classes via the Zoom platform or attend classes physically at any of our IELTS Training Centers in Delhi, Pune, Surat or Thane.
Our Live Online Classes include live sessions by Cambridge-certified trainers. You will also get recordings of classes for revision purposes. Our Online course is one Stop Solution for IELTS aspirants. You will also get access to the Online IELTS portal that includes Grammar lessons, Tips & Tricks by Experts, 120+ hours of self-learning lessons, and mock test – sectional and full-length tests. We will provide you with a handbook designed by IELTS experts covering the entire 4 modules – Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. All these resources provided by Study Smart will help you get that 7+ Band Score in IELTS Exam. You can contact our experts to know more about the Online IELTS Courses.