While looking for the best way to prepare for the IELTS exam, candidates either look forward to joining any coaching institute, booking online classes, or looking for websites offering complete guidance. There are numerous IELTS coaching centres all over the world. Many of them provide online classes while some coaching institutes offer offline classes as well.
If you do not wish to enroll for the IELTS coaching, you can seek help from various online sources. There are dedicated websites facilitated by English language experts for the help of students preparing for the highly demanding language assessment test IELTS. One such website popular among applicants is https://ieltsliz.com searched by the term ‘IELTS Liz.’
Here we will discuss in detail the website and the expert managing it. Also, we have covered information related to IELTS Liz Preparation Courses Review – Features, Pros, Cons, and Alternatives. It will definitely help you expand your understanding of IELTS Liz and take better preparation decisions.
All About IELTS Liz
Elizabeth Ferguson or commonly known as Liz is an English expert who has completed her studies at the University of London. She has a vast experience of 19 years, out of which close to 12 years she has specialized in the IELTS exam. She completed her teacher training in New Zealand in 2001. The IELTS course materials designed and developed by her are used by thousands of applicants. Access to the website, samples, tips, and more are made available at no cost. Also, the quality of the content is unmatched.
The main benefit of referring to IELTS Liz is that it is mostly free of cost thereby making it a preferred source for many candidates to access it.
IELTS Liz: Features
- As per, the IELTS Liz review, it is a wonderful site for IELTS candidates.
- The site is neither affiliated nor endorsed with IELTS.
- IELTS Liz site includes all the relevant information that IELTS aspirants require while preparing for the exam.
- The website has unique visitors in millions. It has many positive reviews and an ample amount of lessons in English.
- The website provides IELTS preparation tips, test information, sample papers, mock tests, question types, and much more.
IELTS Liz: Key Highlights
The website IELTS Liz seems to have easy navigation and is a search-friendly website. To help candidates know about the IELTS exam, the website provides comprehensive knowledge about the exam and its four different modules.
There is a separate section in IELTS Liz called ‘Test info’ which provides information related to:
- General test information: In this section, candidates can get information about the IELTS, the IELTS online test, results of the exam, and IELTS listening/reading/writing/speaking, to name a few.
- IELTS Reschedule and Suspension: Here the candidates can get the latest updates on COVID-19, and information regarding British Council and IDP.
- IELTS band scores: How candidates get IELTS band scores, band score descriptors; IELTS Indicator Test at home, etc.
- The difference between IELTS Academic and General Training.
- The website talks about the benefits of taking the Computer-delivered IELTS exam.
- Suggested IELTS preparation books.
- Some of the helpful links and sources, links to official sites, reliable IELTS papers, answer papers, latest questions, and much more.
- All the above-detailed information can be obtained by sitting at home.
The Pros of IELTS Liz
- IELTS Liz – Preparation Videos
IELTS Liz’s website is filled with several valuable tips and informative videos which can help students get a good score in the examination. The listening section consists of 30+ question papers for practice and a 25 top tips video. Also, the IELTS Liz reading section consists of 29 practice papers with a few from British Council.
IELTS Liz writing task 1 provides an explanation of all the question types (flow charts, bar, diagrams, etc.), and practice materials, which are much beneficial for the students. Task 2 IELTS Liz writing includes model essays and almost 40 practice lessons.
IELTS Liz speaking section includes an individual preparation video regarding the ways to practice IELTS speaking at home.
Additionally, there are several engaging videos on all three IELTS speaking parts.
- IELTS Liz: Vocabulary Section
Apart from several preparation videos, the IELTS Liz has a separate section for vocabulary which is quite beneficial for the students. This section consists of word lists, and exercises focus on pronunciation as well. There are a total of 16 practice topics for vocabulary providing an idea about the real IELTS exam. The students get proper guidance regarding how to do paraphrasing, uncountable nouns, idioms, and specific words that are important for IELTS.
Vocabulary is a key essential when the matter is about IELTS preparation. The better your hold on vocabulary, the better can be the result. For students weak in this section, the practice topics are a great source. Devoting your time can give you beyond the expected outcome.
- IELTS Liz is available at the Store
Another big advantage of IELTS Liz as per IELTS Liz review over any other IELTS preparation courses is that the former is available both on the app and store. The IELTS app includes quizzes, free lessons, preparation tips, course e-books, videos, and much more. The store also consists of e-books and study materials on advanced lessons available to the students at huge discounts.
IELTS Liz – Cons
Unlike many other sources, IELTS Liz may have certain cons that one should consider. Let us learn about the important cons of using the above website.
- Preparing by using a single website as a complete source of information is not recommended.
- Preparatory apps or websites are recommended for advanced learners and not for beginners.
- It can be a good source when used as a complementary tool to traditional method preparatory methods (i.e. learning face-to-face in the physical presence of a tutor).
- These websites do not always have the practice questions or lessons that represent the original test format or course materials.
- The website contains contents and other course materials that may not be of much use to a beginner.
- The strategies discussed on the IELTS Liz website can be a difficult option for beginners.
IELTS Liz – Elizabeth Ferguson
This app is owned and managed by Elizabeth Ferguson. He is a competent IELTS instructor who has succeeded in winning the trust of millions of readers with her researched IELTS content. This highly sought app is known to contain free-to-use audio and video lessons for IELTS applicants. It also contains practice tests and quizzes.
- The IELTS Liz App can be downloaded on Android devices of 4.0 & above devices
- The app size is 2.9 MB and is available for all
- It features the Writing section model answers
- It contains Quizzes and questions for practice for different IELTS modules
- It features a list of vocabulary with audio lessons that aim at improving the vocabulary of applicants along with the pronunciation
- The App also has related test course explanations and e-books for readers
- Well-designed and carefully developed strategies along with lessons that are based on the content and format of the IELTS.
Alternatives to IELTS Liz
There are many alternatives available online that may be of use to many test-takers. We have listed a few of them for you. A quick look at them may help you in your preparation for IELTS.
The Top IELTS Prep Apps
- IELTS Exam Preparation: Vocabulary Flashcards – Magoosh
- IELTS Prep App- British Council
- IELTS Complete Prep – AMA English
- IELTS Prep- Leap Scholar
- IELTS Practice and IELTS Test ( by LT Software)
IELTS Liz is one of the best IELTS preparation sources that come to you at no cost. It is the product and in-depth research result of a highly skilled instructor from the UK. This website also has a dedicated YouTube channel that has many instructional videos useful for beginners and also for students with average English. Many students have found the content on the website simple, easy to understand, and highly effective.
If you have not explored it yet, do visit it. You may get the result of the time you devote exploring the course materials, audio, videos, and other IELTS learning content.