Griffith College in Ireland is one of the largest and oldest private third level college in the nation. It was established by Diarmuid Hegarty in 1974 and incorporated in 1978 as The Business and Accounting Training. In 1991, the Campus shifted to Griffith Barracks in Dublin and is since known as Griffith College.
An Overview Of One Of The Top Colleges In Ireland
The College is one of the top colleges in Ireland today. It became a designated academic institution under The National Council for Educational Awards Act in 1979. It provided its first degree course to students in 1990 by the University of Ulster in the field of Computer College. In 1992, the College offered students with a degree in Business Studies. This however came to a stop in 1996 and the degrees of the College started being validated by the Irish National Council for Educational Awards or the NCEA who was the predecessor of HETAC.
Griffith College In Ireland Today
Griffith College has campuses in Dublin, Cork and Limerick. It approximately has a student population of 7000 out of which 1400 come from 77 nations across the world. The College conducts both full and part-time degree and other higher educational courses in Accountancy, Computing Science, Media, Law, Business, TV Production, Music and Drama, Fashion, Design, Journalism and Media
5 Interesting Facts About Griffith College
Given below are some interesting facts about Griffith College in Ireland-
- The Honorable Society of King’s Inns recognizes its LLB and BA in Business and Law degrees for admission to its annual law examinations. It is the first independent college in Ireland to receive this recognition in 2004. There are five examinations in total and if students clear all five tests, they are eligible to complete the Barrister of Law in a year- they receive a professional qualification to practice at the Bar
- The College holds a “Science without Border Program” and welcomes students from Brazil. The Government of Brazil has plans to place more than 100,000 students from Brazil in higher education in Ireland. This Program is funded in part by the Government of Brazil. The College provides a large number of undergraduate courses to its students.
- Griffith College in Ireland offers students a “Creative Week” every year. Here, students from creative disciplines like interior design, interior architecture, digital media, fashion design and other such streams are able to showcase their talent.
- The College has partnerships with many international universities in Italy, Germany, Norway, India, Brazil, Korea, China, Spain, USA, Bosnia, Mexico and Herzegovia. It participates in the Erasmus/Socrates mobility programs.
- Ireland has 7 Universities that are funded publicly with 14 technological institutes. There are a large number of private independent colleges that are doing quite well and The Griffith College in Dublin is one of them.
Given below is a YouTube video link giving you an insight into Griffith College in Ireland-
Study In Ireland – Bank On Expert Counselors
Study abroad consultants for Ireland will help you with admission processes and financial aid. They will assist you with your work and study visa. You will also receive relevant information on how to study in Ireland without tensions. Since you are moving away from your family for the first time, it is understandable you will have doubts and tensions.
Study Smart- We Are Here To Help You!
We are ENZ certified foreign education consultants in Pune & Delhi. With us, you will understand the procedures on how to get admission to top colleges in Ireland. We will assist you with work/study visa applications and ensure you receive accommodation support once you land in Ireland. Our Pune office is located opposite Wadia College and so you may drop in to meet us to discuss your concerns. Our overseas education consultants in Pune & Delhi have either lived or worked abroad.
Drop in to talk to us today at www.studysmart.co.in